Trial & Air Experience Flying
- All quoted flight times are approximate and may vary either way on the day of the flight due to volume of air traffic or other operational reasons.
- Flights are subject to weather conditions and aircraft serviceability and, as a result flights are subject to cancellation at short notice. The POM Flying Club will not be held responsible for the costs of travel, accommodation or any other associated costs should your flight be cancelled for any reason, including aeroplane non-serviceability or poor weather.
- A minimum age of 10 years is required for all Trial Flying Lessons, taking control of the aircraft.
- Children aged 4 to 9 may fly in the rear seats if they are accompanied by an adult.
- Weight restrictions apply please contact us before your flight if above 17 Stone / 108Kgs.
- We are unable to refund the cost of the flight voucher under any circumstances. The vouchers are however, transferable providing we are notified in writing at least 24 hours before the flight. Late arrivals or no-shows will void the voucher.
- All participants should ensure that they are in good health and if in doubt should seek the medical advice of their GP.
- The Instructor, as captain of the aircraft can, at his discretion refuse any person on board the aircraft if he suspects them to have consumed alcohol or drugs within the previous 24 hours.
- Any participants failing to take their confirmed flight render the voucher invalid unless 3 days written notice of cancellation has been given.
- In the event of the flight being cancelled by us, then your Flight Voucher remains valid until the expiry date shown and will be rebooked for a mutually convenient date.
- Whilst every precaution is taken for the safety of passengers neither the owner/operator can be held liable for the loss, damage or injury which does not result from their negligence.
- If you are one of your passengers are ill during the flight, the instructor will return to the airfield and curtail the experience. We will be unable to continue with the trial flight.
- Participants wishing to take cameras and other photographic equipment on the flight do so entirely at their own risk, however all mobile phones must be placed on Flight Mode before boarding the aircraft.
- No food, or alcohol will be allowed on the aircraft, however water in plastic bottles will be allowed.
- All people flying must have some forms of ID with them to access the airside apron. Passport, driving licenses, birth certificates, NHS cards, Buss passes, or credit cards are all accepted.
- Whilst airside, you must stay with and be directed by your instructor at all times, and never wonder off. This is for your safety.
Voucher Validity and Returns
Vouchers are valid for 6 months from date of issue or as advised. Vouchers are non-refundable unless returned within 14 days of purchase, in which case a £30 administrative charge will apply.
You must book and fly your flight before the expiry date shown. Once expired we cannot accept the vouchers. Leaving the voucher until four weeks before expiry date, runs the risk of not being able to book your flight due to unavailability of slots, and losing your voucher.
Loss of the voucher voids the flight
If, The POM Flying Club cancels your booked flight due to factors beyond our control (for example, weather, aircraft unserviceability or airfield unavailability), please re-book within 21 days of the original booking.
Extending your voucher for two months
You may extend your voucher validity for two months, providing this is before the expiry date, during which time it must be booked and flown within two months. All fees are in accordance with our current price list and payable in advance via a credit or debit card.
Redeeming Your Voucher
Please telephone The POM Flying Club on 07985-753336 to book your flight. We strongly suggest that you book to fly as early as possible during 'the season' (May - October) to provide the maximum opportunity for rescheduling in the event of bad weather etc. Please be ready to quote your Voucher Number and your height & weight during this call as the latter may impact on our planning of the flying programme for the day. We'll also need a mobile telephone number and / or an e-mail address to inform you of any changes beyond our control on the day. Once your flight has been booked, we need at least 7 days' notice of a change. Within 7 days, any change will attract a £30 administration charge. Vouchers are transferable; whoever presents the voucher on the booked day will be entitled to fly.
We have parking passes for one car only in Car Park one for a maximum of 4 hours. If you arrive in more than one car the normal airport charges apply.
Height / Weight / Medical Restrictions
Min Ht: 4′ 11″
Max Ht 6′ 7″
Max wt 18 Stones / 115 kg
Flyers must be physically capable of embarking and disembarking from the aeroplane unaided. If you are in any doubt as to your medical fitness to fly, please consult your GP. We are unable to accept disabled persons as we, nor our aircraft are equipped for disabled flights. The final decision on the day rests with your The POM Flying Club pilot.
Please plan to arrive at the airfield 30 minutes before your flight time to allow us adequate time to process your voucher and provide a thorough briefing.
Please wear flat, comfortable closed shoes (no sandals) with comfortable casual clothes. It is recommended that ladies should not wear skirts or dresses, nor high heeled shoes.
Friends & Family
You may bring as many friends and family as you wish to accompany you to the airfield. However, airfields present a number of unique and unfamiliar hazards, not least of which are rotating propellers and jet engines. There is a viewing area on the landside, however the airport only allows us to take the people who are flying onto the apron.
The flight times quoted are 'chock to chock' and include taxi time in accordance with normal aviation practice. Your flight experience could overrun the allotted time due to a number of reasons, including weather or traffic at the airfield. Our prime concern is safety and any such unplanned extension to your flight would attract no additional charge. Equally, if you ask to return before the end of your allotted time, such a curtailment would not attract a refund.
Flying is a weather-dependant activity. Our highly-experienced pilots will make the best decision they can as to the weather's suitability and legality for the intended flight based on the weather information available. By 6pm on the evening before a flight, we should have a very good idea of the probability that flying will occur the following day. The pilot will make a final decision at 9 am on the day. Please telephone 07985-753336 after 6 pm on the evening before your flight if you need our assessment of the probability of flying. The final decision will be available in the same way after 9 am on the day of the flight. Please do not make your own weather decision; our pilots have the expertise to make the best decision for everyone. That said, weather forecasting is an inexact science and the unexpected can occur. We will do our best to ensure you do not have a wasted journey, so please let us know if your planned journey is long; if so, we will try to programme your flight towards the middle of the day, if that suits you. However, we accept no liability for any costs incurred (e.g. transport, accommodation) when we have to cancel flying.